Simple Tips to Help You Achieve Healthy-Looking Skin
We often hear that beautiful skin comes naturally. But for many of us, beautiful skin is actually the result of following a consistent daily routine and adopting beneficial lifestyle habits to keep our skin looking smooth, supple, and radiant on a daily basis.
The best way to achieve healthy-looking skin, is to remember that there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer. What works for one individual may not work for another. Likewise, while you may see the benefits of a skin care routine in just a few days, another may have to wait a few weeks before seeing results.
So, where should you begin when developing a customized skin care routine? Here are four simple tips to help you get started.
Knowing your skin type is an important first step.
All too often, we fail to see the results we want to see because we are unaware of our skin type and what products or ingredients will work best for our complexion. Let’s take a look at the five common skin types below and how to help identify which type you are.
Normal skin: This type of skin tends to have a balanced T-zone (the area of the face shaped like a “T” that includes the forehead, nose, and chin) is generally clear of breakouts or dryness. Keep skin ageless with a HYDRATING FACE MOISTURIZER.
- Oily skin: Like the name implies, oily skin is characterized by excess oil production, primarily in the T-zone. Skin may look shiny or feel greasy to the touch, and it may be more prone to blemishes and breakouts. A CHARCOAL MASK is great to help eliminate excess oil and an OIL CLEANSER to balance natural oils.
- Dry skin: The opposite of oily skin, people with dry skin produce less oil than normal. Skin may be flaky or itchy, with a dull overall complexion, and fine lines and wrinkles will be more visible. Exfoliate dry skin with a NOURISHING SCRUB and follow up with a SERUM under your moisturizer
- Combination skin: People with combination skin have dryness in some areas (typically around the cheeks) and oiliness in others (generally in the T-zone area). Combination skin can overall be dehydrated and irritated. Use a deep NIGHTTIME MOISTURIZER
- Sensitive skin: Signs of sensitive skin may vary, from redness and burning to breakouts, itching, and inflammation. Because certain products and ingredients can help while others may exacerbate the problem, this skin type often requires a bit more care and diligence when it comes to choosing the right products to use. Use a VITAMIN C SERUM to provide the immunity the skin needs to combat redness.
Because not all will have the same skin type, having a knowledge of PRODUCT INGREDIENTS and how they interact with each skin type can help you to know the ideal products for your skin so you can develop a daily skin care regimen. If you’re not sure which skin type you are, here’s our quick test that can help.
Reminder: Dehydrated skin is not a type, it’s a separate condition. You can have dehydrated skin that’s also oily, combination, or all the above.
Next, it’s time to develop a healthy routine.
Maintaining healthy-looking skin doesn’t have to be a complicated process. More often than not, developing a successful daily beauty regimen is as simple as choosing the right CLEANSER, TONER, and MOISTURIZER. SERUMS are highly recommended for supplemental support or to address specific complexion needs.
Wash your face twice daily, in the morning and at night, to remove dirt and makeup and avoid clogged pores. Apply a toner, after cleansing and before moisturizing to remove any excess impurities and to support balanced skin. Finally, a quality moisturizer will help keep skin nourished and feeling soft.
When trying new products for the first time, especially if you have sensitive skin, you may want to perform a sensitivity test. This involves choosing an area of the body, such as the inner arm, and applying a small amount of the product to see if it causes a reaction. You should wait at least 48 hours to make sure it doesn’t irritate the skin; if not, the product should be safe to add to your daily regimen.
When can you expect to see results from your new skin care routine? Each formula will react differently on each person’s skin. Some individuals may see immediate results, while others may see results within 1 to 2 weeks and others may see results within 2 to 4 weeks, while others may see results within 1 to 2 months, and some may even see different benefits depending on their skin type, age, and lifestyle.
Please request our verified before and after photos of real customer results and see the benefits of using Skin Care Palm Springs products!
Everyday tips for healthy-looking skin.
Beautiful skin is about more than just choosing the right skin care products. Like the rest of the body, our skin benefits when we practice good habits every day. In fact, just following these simple tips can make a notable difference in how effective a skin care regimen will be.
- Get plenty of sleep at night. During sleep, hormones are released that help the body repair and regenerate. This is especially important for the skin, which bears the brunt of daily exposure to the elements. Experts recommend between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night to promote COLLAGEN PRODUCTION and healthy-looking skin, as well as to support overall wellness. Pro tip: Change your pillowcases at least once a week, and consider switching to SILK PILLOWCASES.
- Stay hydrated. Your skin gets thirsty, too! Drinking plenty of water throughout the day can help your skin stay hydrated, which in turn may help reduce the appearance of blemishes or imperfections and keep skin looking radiant and healthy.
- Wear sunscreen. Even on overcast days, sun exposure can be damaging to healthy skin. Wearing sunscreen protects your skin from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays and can help prevent long-term damage to your health. Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going outside.
- Embrace good nutrition. You are what you eat, or so they say, and the same idea can be applied to your skin. A wholesome diet provides the essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to keep your skin looking young and healthy. Check out this list of the 12 Best Foods for Healthy Skin.
- Avoid harmful substances. It goes without saying that a healthy lifestyle promotes healthy skin. In studies, alcohol and tobacco use has been linked to poor skin health and premature signs of aging, so people who regularly drink or smoke may not reap all of the benefits of a regular skin care routine.
Remember to be patient; beautiful skin doesn’t happen overnight.
As with any new wellness regimen, it takes time to find the products and the method that works the best for each individual. We encourage you to approach healthy-looking skin in a holistic way, focusing on the many different factors that may affect your skin’s appearance. When skin care becomes a whole-body commitment, the results are bound to be positive.